Absence from School
We make it very clear that absence without permission or notice without notice in the form of handwritten note, email or telephone may result in you being asked to keep your child at home. The student will only be asked to return once the matter has been discussed and a plan of action decided to ensure your child is present at school every day, except in unavoidable circumstances.
Matric students whose attendance is below 85% are unlikely to be admitted for their examination.
• 0 absences: Perfect Attendance Appreciation Certificate
• Being absent for more than three (3) days per month will result in a call/meeting with the parent.
• Being absent for more than seven (7) days per month will result in a warning letter being sent to parents.
• Attendance marks (10) are added in the end-of-term progress report in following manner:
Below 85% = 0 marks
85%-90% = 5 marks
90%-95% = 7 marks
95%-100% = 10 marks
An excused absence needs to be varied by the parent or the guardian. Excused absence may not exceed a total of 10 absences. Excused absence is defined as being one of the following:
• Illness verified by parent/guardian
• Pre-arranged family vacations
o Pre-arranged family vacation form can be obtained from school front office and must be submitted after signing.
Unexcused absence will be marked absent. Unexcused absence is defined as being one of the following:
• Personal business
• Car trouble
• Late arrival: A student may receive an unexcused absence if they arrive 15 minute late.
If your child needs to leave the school for part of the day or be picked be picked from the school due to emergency, please call the main office in advance.
Note: Parents are advised to plan their vacations/holiday well in advance keeping in view the school academic calendar.
• Students are expected to be in the school before 07:30 am in summers and 8:00 am in winters. Classes begin at 8:00am sharp and arriving late disrupts class.
• Students arriving late will not be allowed to attend the first lecture.
• No student will be allowed to enter school premises after 8:15am unless Front Office is informed ahead of the late arrival and provided a legitimate reason.
AIS Discipline Policy
We believe that students should take control of their learning and be aware of their learning progress. Therefore, we expect them to come on time and always carry required books, copies and stationary them.
• They should regularly check their Student app for updates and notifications.
• Clean up and do not litter.
• Follow the instruction and be respectful to teachers.
• Come in neat and proper uniform
• Talk politely and courteously
• Mobile Phones are not allowed. If any student is found in possession of mobile it will be confiscated.
• Academic dishonesty (cheating, copying) may also result in student being asked to
leave the institute.
• The management is not responsible for any loss of valuables that a child may lose in the school.
• Expensive watches, firearms or any other material of offensive nature are not allowed on the premises.
• Stress is laid on the observance of “satr” and modesty in dress.
• They shall refrain from damaging school property, including building, equipment, plants and vehicles, disfiguring the school walls by writing remarks, slogans, etc.
• No student is allowed to leave before the prescribed time without the written permission of the school administration.
• Students are not allowed to meet any outsider during school hours without the permission of the administration.
Bullying and Personal Space violation
• We are committed to provide friendly and safe environment for all our students. Bullying (aggressive or insulting behaviour) with an intent to harm and/or hurt will not be tolerated at AIS and if repeated may result in expulsion from school.
Responsibilities of Parents
• Parents are the backbone of any institute and institution often achieve success because of supportive and cooperative parent body.
• Review all the policies mentioned in this handbook and ensure your child understands the rules and consequences.
• Parents are requested to make sure they carefully read the notices and texts sent to them. They should contact School Office in case of any confusion or concern.
• Ensure student’s punctuality and regularity.
• Parents should observe decorum and decent behaviour while communicating with the school administration and any threats/use of violence by them may result in serious disciplinary action which could be the termination of admission by the administration.
• Parents must disclose to the administration information about any disease or illness suffered by the child at the time of admission.
• The management is entitled to terminate the admission of any child at its sole discretion. All the decisions by the management of the school shall be accepted by the Parents and Guardians without any objection and shall not be questioned in any manner.
• The school administration reserves the right to make, amend or elaborate any rule in the best interest of the school.